How to Apply UV Transfers
UV Direct to Film decals use a full color printing process that allows vibrant colors and detailed designs to be printed directly onto a clear film. This film is used to easily transfer high-quality, durable images directly to cups/mugs, laptops, water bottles, phone cases and just about any hard surface you want to personalize. No heat press or special equipment is required for UV DTF transfers.
These transfers are weather-resistant and scratch resistant. (We do not recommend using in a dishwasher or microwave.)
How to Apply UV decals:
1. Clean the surface: Start by cleaning the surface where you plan to apply the decal. Use a lint free cloth and rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt, oil, etc that may be present. Allow item to air dry before applying.
2. Peel away the backing: Gently peel the backing paper off the decal. Be very careful not to touch the adhesive side of the decal, this can leave fingerprints or marks on your transfer.
3. Carefully position the decal: Carefully position the sticker on the surface. Use your fingers or a plastic card (like a credit card edge) to carefully smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles that appear. Take your time to work the decal onto the surface starting from the center of the decal and working out to the edges.
4. Apply pressure: Once the decal has been placed onto the surface use finger tips to apply pressure throughout the design. This helps ensure a solid bond between the transfer and surface.
5. Remove clear carrier sheet: Gently peel clear transfer (carrier) sheet away from surface. Work slowly to ensure you don't pull up the decal from the surface. If the decal does pull up, just push it back down and rub decal to surface with firm pressure before trying to remove again.